Instructions for installing LCLint using the linux binary installation:
- Enter your email address here to be added to the
lclint-announce mailing list. This is optional, but highly
recommended. The list is only used to announce new lclint releases.
- Download ftp://ftp.sds.lcs.mit.edu/pub/lclint/lclint-2.4b.linux.tar.gz.
- Uncompress the package: gzip -d lclint-2.4b.linux.tar.gz
- Extract files: tar xf lclint-2.4b.linux.tar
This will create an lclint-2.4b directory, containing several
subdirectories. The file lclint-2.4b/bin/lclint is the lclint binary.
- Set environment variables:
LARCH_PATH - path to search for lclint libraries and
initializations files. If you are using the standard directories, this
should be ".:base-directory/lclint-2.4b/lib".
Put the commands to set these variables (the actual commands will depend
on the shell you are using) in one of your initialization dotfiles
LCLIMPORTDIR - directory containing lcl imports files. If you are using
the standard directories, this is base-directory/lclint-2.4b/imports.
Set up your command path to include the directory containing
lclint-2.4b/bin/lclint, or move the binary to a directory on
your command path.
- Run the test suite. (This requires the GNU make utility, sometimes
called gmake, make or gnumake). If you don't have gmake installed on
your system, download it from prep.ai.mit.edu.)
Check that there are no discrepancies in the test output. If there are
errors, send a bug report to email@example.com
Software Devices and Systems